I love talking about wine, especially when presenting tastings to a rapt audience. I have a pretty down-to-earth attitude and prefer to focus on mid-priced, interesting wines that most people can afford. All wines taste better when you know the story behind them, and in all my talks I aim to share the stories from my wine travels around the world and wine experiences over the years, which helps bring the wines to life.
My Wine Talk specialities include:
- Wines of South America – Chile, Argentina and Uruguay
- Wines from Eastern France – Jura, Savoie compared with the classics of Alsace, Rhône and Burgundy
- Beginner Wine Tastings – What makes wines taste differerent and an introduction to tasting
- New World vs Old World – Still fun to be had here!
Wine Talks are for groups from 6 people to 60+ people
- Corporate Events – Icebreaking Sessions
- Wine Clubs – Social Clubs
- Private Tasting Parties at Home
- After Dinner Speaking
“Wink has presented to my local wine society over a number of years. She is an excellent and popular speaker with a great knowledge of her subject who always draws a full house.”
MC – Solicitor, Chichester, UK
Subject to fee and expenses, I can be available to speak anywhere in Europe or even further afield, though most of my talks are in London and the south-east or in and around Geneva. Contact me for a quote and to discuss how I can help you make your event really special.
I am a proud founder member and past Chairman of the Association of Wine Educators, a UK group of professional wine educators. From 1992 – 2006 I lectured for the Wine & Spirit Education Trust on their prestigious Diploma course.