I’m Wink Lorch, wine writer, educator and editor. I live partly in London and partly in the French Alps, an hour from Geneva, and am a specialist in the wines of Jura and the French Alps.
Following successful funding on Kickstarter, in 2014 I wrote and self-published the first book in English on the wines of the Jura, which won the award in the Drinks category for the André Simon Awards 2014. In 2017 I am writing my second book, Wines of the French Alps, following another successful Kickstarter campaign.
.Posts on this blog include articles on wine, travels, social media, Wine Travel Guides and occasionally personal articles. You will also find pages and links for the different wine communication aspects of my work. And you can buy the Jura Wine book.
- Worked in the UK Wine Trade from 1979
- Achieved WSET Diploma with Honours and passed the Theoretical part of the Master of Wine Qualification.
- Own business selling wine directly
- In 1987 became a freelance wine communicator, writing, teaching on wine and working with wine book publishers
- From 1998 divides time between UK and French Alps (now an almost fluent French speaker)
- In 2007 launched Wine Travel Guides – this business and website is now for sale.
- See full details on my LinkedIn Profile.
- In 2011 Wink won the prize for ‘Best Wine Tourism Feature’ in the inaugural Born Digital Wine Awards.
- In 2012 launched a new blog, Jura Wine, Food and Travel
- From June 2014-March 2015 Acting Editor of the magazine at Wine-Searcher.com, the most visited wine information website int he world.
- From July 2015 – January 2017 Editor of Circle Update, the magazine for the Circle of Wine Writers.
My Work today:
- Wine Writing – I am a member of the Circle of Wine Writers and contribute to various wine magazines and books.
- Wink Talks – I love to present talks and wine tastings for corporate and social groups. I was a founder of the Association of Wine Educators.
- Wine Travel – As well as updating and managing Wine Travel Guides, I am happy to lead tours or advise on various wine tourism activities.
- Social Media for Wine – You will find me regularly on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- I rent out an apartment in my French Alpine chalet offering seasonal/long-term rentals.
- Get in touch with me about any of the above.
- Connect with me on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
My partner, Brett Jones has also worked in wine for many years and today runs a wine club in Essex and is a freelance wine speaker. We enjoy helping each other on our various wine projects and particularly sharing good food, wine and travels. Unlike me, Brett often posts wine tasting notes of wines we’ve tasted and I enjoy ‘editing’ them or adding in my views!
FOR PR PROFESSIONALS:
MY SAMPLES AND HOSPITALITY POLICY
- There is no point sending me wine samples for review as I don’t review wines on this blog – I will get in touch if I need samples for specific articles.
- Do send me press releases about wine or wine tourism, only by email please with small attachments.
- If you want to invite me to visit a wine region, I may be interested in wrting about it on this blog or on the Wine Travel Guides blog. I cannot guarantee a favourable review and I will always declare that the hospitality has been provided.
- I do not accept ‘placed’ articles. All articles on this blog are written by me and all articles in Wine Travel Guides and its blog are commissioned by me.
Contact Wink preferably by email or telephone on +44 7785 555705.